Influencers are the new celebrity endorsements (Source: Forbes). By leveraging key leaders in your industry with an engaging large audience, you can strategically get your brand in front of new eyeballs…fast. They’ll be more receptive to your content because of the trust established with the influencer.
You see, influencers have taken on a more prominent role in utilizing marketing platforms to attract and engage a targeted market. Brands have discovered how to create winning partnerships with influencers to promote their message while adding value to the influencer’s audience. When done correctly, these collaborations will yield incredible returns for businesses who implement them.
Influencer marketing can energize and improve your social media marketing efforts to connect with today’s consumers. It allows you to tap into new markets that you wouldn’t reach as quickly with your present marketing strategies. Incorporating these tactics now can cement your company’s growth for long-term success.
Here are 3 steps on how to begin including influencer marketing in your social media strategy.
#1 Be Clear on Your Intentions
Before embarking on your influencer campaign, it’s important to know exactly what you what to achieve so your efforts are centered on fulfilling this goal. Are you seeking to increase brand awareness? Grow your leads? Generate sales?
Whatever the objective, knowing your intentions upfront will give you clarity in your content strategy and how you communicate with your influencer.
#2 Choose the Right Influencer
Despite its apparent advantages, influencer marketing is a wasted investment if you are not working with the right ones. Simply basing your choice from their Facebook following or Instagram count is not enough. You must dig a bit deeper to ensure the influencer is the best fit for your brand and goals.
Here are five quick questions to ask yourself for choosing the right influencer:
- Relevance – does their social media content align with your messaging? Read through their content to get a sense for what kind of consumer they are
- Engagement – this is huge. How involved are followers with their content? Do people comment, like and share their content? The levels of engagement will be a determining factor if their followers will be responsive to your content
- Reach – Although you don’t want to make this the final deciding factor, reach is certainly a valid metric to consider
- Frequency – how often do they post on their page? Followers are more likely to return and engage when there’s fresh content being served daily
- Authenticity – How authentic is their content? Personal stories and experiences that include genuine use or mention of a product or service are more trusted than straight product reviews. They’re highly engaging for followers and are apt to take the recommendation from the influencer
By the way, we take the guesswork out by finding the right influencer for you. Reach out to us here for a free consultation to learn more.
#3 Share Remarkable Content
With your selected influencer, it’s time to give them some remarkable content they can share with their audience.
The good news is, this is what they already excel at! Therefore, depending on your objective, you can give your products (or have them experience your service) and allow the influencer the flexibility to highlight your brand on social media and their blog.
Additionally, provide specific blog post or website links (i.e. landing pages) you want your influencer to share in their social content to drive traffic to your sites.
An endorsement from a powerful social media influencer can add incredible value to your brand and social presence. Commit to implementing an influencer marketing campaign. As a result, you’ll experience a growth in your social following, increased brand awareness, and leads and sales generated from your efforts.
Check out more useful how-to strategies to keep your marketing fresh and engaging with your audience.