Katrina Padron, our fearless founder, recently attended the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Summit and Salute in New Orleans and loved every minute. She wants to encourage all women business owners to join in 2018 by highlighting the parts she found most helpful! Here are the top reasons to attend next year:
1) Speed dating sessions with fellow WBEs! There are a ton of opportunities to work with other WBE’s, whether it’s in a client and provider relationship or a subcontractor to a prime. Serious networking at your fingertips that you don’t want to miss out on!
2) Speed dating sessions with Corporate Supplier Diversity professionals. 7 sessions in which you spend 90 seconds pitching your company. By the end, you are really great at pitching AND the professionals give amazing feedback about products and services they are looking for, people to connect to and how to follow up.
3) Forum sessions! Not only are they wildly informative, focused, and fun – they’re filled with actionable ideas and suggestions you can actually take back to your team. Not to mention, you never know who you are going to sit by. Introduce yourself and have a chat!
4) Moms globally spend $2 trillion. Millennial moms alone spend $750 billion. Those statistics demonstrate how important this conference is because women working with and for women is an incredibly powerful tool in business.
5) The event gives a pipeline of leads to follow up with because WBEs love to work with WBEs!
“If you want to get business quick, it’s here and in this room.” –Jane Henry from Xcution
Speaking of WBEs working with WBEs, consider signing up for Padron’s Office Hours to discuss industry news like the ROI of marketing with our founder, Katrina, and other invited WBEs! Email email@example.com if you’re interested!Tags: entrepreneurial women, wbenc, women in business, women in leadership